Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day two: Feels Good to be Sore

Workout: Ramp it Up!

Last night I walked on my Tread Climber (TC) for 20 minutes. When I awakened this morning, I was really tired, and my glutes were sore; that really good kind of sore. They hurt, but not too much.

The morning proceeded to be crazy (like always). My seven-month-old decided not to take her morning nap, which threw a wrench into my 9:30 am exercise plan. I did what was most important, and finally got my exercise in at 12pm. As I was working out, I noticed my hamstrings, my glutes, my triceps, my biceps all hurt. I actually felt sweat drop off my face. Ew! and yes! Something is working.

I'm already making progress in other ways, too. When Debbie reminded me that hurt equals progress today, I didn't feel like punching her. I did, however, roll my eyes and groan. When I start Burn it Up!, I'm sure I'll want to yell at her again.

Internal Issues:
1. Balancing motherhood, homemaking, and exercising. It's a work in progress--everyday.
2. Fighting the urge to believe that nothing is going to happen, and it's not worth the effort.
3. Finding time to nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment